Looking for the right car rental services in Costa Rica?
Our goal is to provide an outstanding car rental service in costa rica with EXCELLENT RATES AND A FLEET OF WELL-MAINTAINED , MODERN CARS. All of this combined with the best customer service you deserve. We treat our clients the way we would like to be treated: appreciated , respected , with honesty and transparency. Customer is always #1.
We understand that car rental services in Costa Rica may be confusing sometimes when it comes to insurance, additional services and fees. We simplify all of this and provide a transparent quote including all necessary insurances and services in our daily rates, this way we guarantee your car rental experience in Costa Rica will be a pleasant one.
Car rental services Included at no addtional cost:
Third Party Liability (TPL)
Included in daily rates
- Basic Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Included in daily rates
- No waiting time! We offer San José Airport (SJO) and Liberia Airport (LIR) express pick-up & return.
- Additional Driver
- 24 Hour Road Service
- Unlimited Mileage
Free Child Seat
- Costa Rica Road Map
- No hidden or additional fees whatsoever
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Young drivers are accepted (21 yrs old – 24 yrs old) with an additional fee of $6 per day. Full Collision Damage Waiver is not applicable if there are any drivers under 25 yrs old and the deductible for damages would be $1500.
- Must have and present a valid travel passport and current driver’s license from any country.
- Passport with entry stamp to Costa Rica within 90 days of date of entry.
- $750 credit card deposit at the time of rental.
- Minimum rental of 4 days.
- All quotes are in USD.
- Car rental quotes are all inclusive, no hidden or additional fees will be added at vehicle pick-up.
- Quotes generated from our website or sent via email or Whatsapp have a validation period of 5 days from the moment it is sent as rates could increase due to availability.
- Availability and rates would depend on when we receive confirmation from customer with the required information to proceed with the reservation.
- The year-round minimum rental period is 4 days; however during the three week period of Peak Season (Dec 15th – Jan 10th), the minimum rental period is 10 days.
- Any modifications to a reservation may affect the final rate.
- Car rental rates are based on 24-hour increments. We offer a 2-hour “grace” period from the scheduled return time subject to approval and depending on availability. If the vehicle is returned 2 hours after the agreed return time, then the equivalent of 1 rental day will be charged.
- Cancellations or changes to a reservation must be received at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled rental start date.
- If the renter decides not to take the car at the time of rental, the equivalent of a 1-day rental fee, plus any additional fees (if applicable), will be billed.
Car Rental Insurance
- Third Party Liability coverage: This is a mandatory coverage in Costa Rica, no vehicle can be rented without this coverage. (Included in daily rates).
- Basic Collision Damage Waiver: This coverage protects the rental vehicle itself. Max deductible of $1,000 in case damages or theft, except in the case of negligence. (Included in daily rates). Rental Deposit $750
- Full Collision Damage Waiver: This is an optional coverage with an additional fee of $25 per day. It has a $0 deductible in case damages or theft occurs (except in the case of negligence). Rental Deposit $400
Pick-up and Drop-off
- We will deliver the vehicle directly at SJO airport, no shuttle needed or waiting time. One of our team members will be waiting for your at the airport exit and take you to your rental car. You’ll be on the road within minutes.
- Vehicle delivery is FREE for Hotels or Airbnbs within 6km of SJO airport.
- Rental vehicles can also be delivered to any location within Costa Rica. Separate delivery and return fees may apply
- We offer a 2-hour “grace” period from the scheduled return time subject to approval and depending on availability. If the vehicle is returned 2 hours after the agreed return time, then the equivalent of 1 rental day will be charged.
Car Seats In Costa Rica
- As one of our FREE perks, each vehicle rental includes ONE free of charge car seat/booster. Additional car seats are $3 per day. (Subject to availability, please request at time of reservation).
By law in Costa Rica, car seats or booster seats are mandatory for children 12 and under, up to 57 inches/145 cm or 79 pounds/36 kg.
As part of our free perks to our customers, we provide ONE free car seat.
- Infants up to one year (up to 28.5 pounds/13 kg or 29.5 inches/75 cm) – Rear facing
- Babies and children ages 1-4 (20-40 pounds/9-18 kg or up to 43 inches/110 cm) – Front facing
- Children ages 4-6 (33-55 pounds/15-25 kg or up to 57 inches/145 cm) – Booster seat with a back.
- Children ages 6-12 (48.5-79 pounds/22-36 kg or up to 57 inches/145 cm) – Booster seat without a back.
Mileage and Gasoline
- Unlimited mileage is included with your rental.
- Rental vehicle must be returned with the same level of fuel as indicated in the rental agreement, otherwise additional fees will apply for missing fuel. All of our cars use premium gasoline.
- You may drive our vehicles within Costa Rica without restrictions, but you cannot drive our vehicles outside of Costa Rica.
- Reckless driving, driving on roads in poor condition, and/or driving in or, through rivers, estuaries, and/or beaches will void any insurance coverage and customer will be held 100% responsible for damages.
- You may have up to one additional driver free of charge. Name, ID and a signature must be placed in the rental agreement.
- 3rd driver has an additonal fee of $5 per day
Smoking in Your Rental Car
- Smoking is prohibited in our vehicles, in the event the vehicle returns smelling of cigarettes or smoke, or we find cigarrett buds, a $150 fine will be billed on customers credit card.
Can I rent before or after office hours?
- Most definetly, our regular office hours is 8am – 8pm but if you need your rental car at different times, we are able to do so, an additional fee might apply depending on the time and will be added to your quote agreed before your arrival.